Aluminium Oxide for Column Chromatography
Swambe Chemicals assures us to supply the highest quality chromatography sorbents with controlled physical characteristics for reproducible chromatographic performance.
Aluminium Oxide for Chromatography is a white to off-white, fine-grained powder, highly porous form of aluminium oxide. Its surface is more polar than that of Silica Gel and, reflecting the amphoteric of aluminium, has both acidic and essential characteristics. The chromatographic characteristics are determined by its specific (internal) surface area measured by the BET method, which means pore diameter and pore volume. The latter two concern the specific surface area.
Aluminium Oxide for chromatography is being used in the laboratory and industrial production.
- For Preparative Column Chromatographic Separations, Isolation & Purifications of Antibiotic.
- On Industrial-scale for the removal of small amounts of undesired components. e.g., Side reaction products from mother liquors, water from non-polar solvents, etc.
- Purification and Dehydration of Organic Solvents.
- Storage Conditions: Store in a dry room, preventing water, acid, and alkalis. On Industrial-scale for the removal of small amounts.
- Used for separating and purifying dyes, dye intermediates alkaloids, steroids, lipids, amino acids, hormones, aliphatic and aromatic hydrocarbons, and vitamins.