Aluminum Oxide Chromatography
Swambe Chemicals assures to supply the highest quality chromatography sorbents with controlled physical characteristics for reproducible chromatographic performance.
Aluminum Oxide for Chromatography is a white to off white, fine-grained powder, highly porous form of aluminum oxide. Its surface is more polar than that of Silica Gel and, reflecting the amphoteric of aluminum, has both acidic and basic characteristics. The chromatographic characteristics are determined by its specific (internal) surface area measured by the BET method, which means pore diameter and pore volume. The latter two are concerning the specific surface area.
Aluminum Oxide for chromatography is being used in laboratory and industrial production.
- For Preparative Column Chromatographic Separations, Isolation & Purifications of Antibiotic.
- On Industrial-scale for the removal of small amounts of undesired components. e.g., Side reaction products from mother liquors, water from non-polar solvents, etc.
- Purification and Dehydration of Organic Solvents.
- Storage Conditions: Store in a dry room, preventing water, acid, and alkalis. On Industrial-scale for the removal of small amounts of
- Used for separation and purification of dyes, dye intermediates alkaloids, steroids, lipids, amino acids, hormones, aliphatic and aromatic hydrocarbons, vitamins.